On Sunday 20 November, a group of Year 12 students and staff will set off on the 2016 Braemar College Sri Lanka Community Adventure.
- Community service project at Monaragala School.
- Canoe on the Habanara Tank tributaries
- Climb the rock fortress of Sigiriya
- Dambulla Cave Temple, the largest painted caves on earth
- Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha in Kandy
- Local cooking demonstration, followed
- by students cooking dinner
- Jeep safari in Udawalawe National Park
- Visiting the Elephant Transit Home in Udawalawe
- and sponsoring milk powder for the babies
- Cycle through classic Sri Lankan landscapes
- Exploring the Dutch Fortress at Galle
- Climbing Sri Lanka’s sacred Adam’s Peak mountain.
Our community service project will be at the Monaragala School for the Disabled. There are currently 110 disabled students housed here, some who are visually Impaired, others with Speech and hearing disabilities. Our project here will be to join in restoring the classrooms and painting and cleaning one section of the school. We will also join in the lunch making process for all the students.
We hope you enjoy the journey with us.