The School Sports Victoria State Primary and Secondary Track and Field Finals were held recently at Lakeside Stadium in Albert Park, and a number of Braemar College students competed and achieved outstanding results.
James Wilcox in Year 5 performed well and finished 11th in the Under 10 shotput with a throw of 8.2 m.
This event was the final major event for James for 2014. During the year he has achieved many outstanding results including:
- First place in the the Little Athletics Victoria Northwest Region Under 10 shot put in February;
- First place in the Keilor Little Athletics Club Championship for Under 10 Shot Put;
- Fifth place in the Little Athletics Victoria State Championships for Under 10 Shot Put;
- First place the Braemar House Athletics Under 10 Shot Put setting a new school record;
- First place in the Cobaw Interschool Athletics event for Under 10 Shot Put;
- First place in the Divisional Athletics Championships representing the Goldfields Regional Team
- Second place in the Loddon Mallee regional athletics event for Under 10 shot put.
Seb Bell-Bartels in Year 7 came first in his heat in the 200m, and qualified for the final, where he ran a personal best, and came sixth overall. In the 100m race he finished ninth overall.
Daniel Johnston in Year 8 finished third in the 1500 metres, and will go onto the next level of competition in Sydney.
Congratulations to all these young athletes on their fabulous achievements.