Exams can be a stressful time. Here are some things you can do to maximise study time and reduce stress:
1. Keep your study area organised and try to study away from noise and other people.
2. Find out what format the exam will take and what proportion of your overall mark the exam is worth.
3. Make a ‘to do’ list for each study session.
4. Use past exam papers to help you practice.
5. Form a study group of like minded students.
6. Switch off the phone and Facebook.
7. Write key concepts on small sheets of paper and stick them around the house.
8. Ask your teacher any questions about materials or if you are having trouble developing study routines.
9. Take regular breaks – these will help you concentrate and learn better.
10. Revise and learn – don’t just read your notes. Write down major points and things you might need to remember for the exam. Here are some tips on how to summarise your notes to help you study for exams.