Bookings open at 10.00am today for the Parent Teacher conferences to be held over the next couple of weeks.
We invite you to meet with your child’s teachers to discuss their progress.
Parent-Teacher conferences will be conducted for Years 5 to 12 in Heyward Hall, Term 3 on Thursday 11 September and Monday 15 September from 3.30pm to 8.30pm.
On the day, please check the electronic communication on the television in the foyer of the hall for any further updates.
These conferences will enable you to meet your child’s teachers and establish an understanding of how your child is progressing and how you may assist. We encourage you to avail yourself of this opportunity.
Parents are reminded that classes will conclude at 2.30 pm on both of these dates at which time students will be dismissed and the normal bus service will run.
For Years 5 each interview will be of twelve minutes duration (core teacher Julia Padgett, Carolyn Tanti).
For Year 6A each interview will be of six minutes duration (core teacher, Juanita Sinclair).
For Year 6B each interview will be of twelve minutes duration (core teacher Ann Symons).
For Years 7 to 12 each interview will be of six minutes duration.
Parents who would like to meet with Mrs Ann McLarty, Director of Learning Enhancement, please note she will be available on both dates from 3.30pm to 6.00pm. You will not be required to make an appointment.
HOW TO BOOK – BOOKINGS OPEN TODAY AT 10.00AM
For these interviews we use an internet-based booking system called Parent Teacher On-Line (PTO). Using this system you will be able to book the interview times that suit you best from any internet-connected computer. The system will open for bookings at 10.00 am on Thursday 4 September 2014.
Parents are required to access the PTO system and then click the link which requests the pin/password and PTO emails the information to your email address. PTO only sends emails to parents in response to parent requests. Therefore you need to make sure this is done.
Full instructions are provided to you after log in. Please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your own child/children. Bookings are made for individual parents/guardians, not for couples. Couples can however log on to the system simultaneously to coordinate bookings. If two parents/guardians wish to attend a single interview timeslot, one parent/guardian should make the booking then both can attend.
- Interview time slots are limited. The earlier you can open the website and book – the more options you will have.
You will only see time slots which are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked for teachers, those timeslots are no longer displayed as available. PTO prevents double-booking of teachers or parents/guardians.
- When you have made all the bookings you require, you can print a report of your bookings in time order. You can log in and change bookings any time up to 5.00 pm on the day prior to the interviews.
- If you see a black “!” inside a yellow circle, displayed alongside the class name, it means this teacher would particularly like you to book an interview.
- Other parents may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a timeslot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this timeslot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
If you encounter any problems using PTO or have any queries, please contact Mrs Nicole Mortimer, preferably via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the College on 5427 2500.