Year 11 and 12 students, enrolled in at least one unit 3 & 4 subject, are currently preparing for GAT testing to take place on the 11 June between 10.00am and 1.15pm in Heyward Hall.
The General Achievement Test (GAT) is a test of general knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Written communication
- Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Humanities, the Arts and Social Sciences.
Sample questions, previous GAT papers and answers to multiple choice questions are available on the VCAA website (http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au). It is expected that students will read past GAT papers in preparation. All Year 11 and 12 students will be given a GAT preparation session prior to the date.
HOW IS THE GAT USED?
The VCAA will use the GAT scores as a basis for:
- Contributing to statistical moderation of School-assessed Coursework
- Reviewing school assessments in School-assessed Tasks
- Special provision and derived examination scores
- Checking the accuracy of examination marking.
- Some universities use it in the Middle Band of tertiary selection
Students must be in the Gym at 9am for preparation on this day.
Any enquiries about the GAT can be directed to Scott Murray, VCE Coordinator, email@example.com